The Future of Israel, One Student at a Time
Scholarship Sponsorship Opportunities
With the assistance of its friends and supporters, Bar-Ilan University runs a multi-branched scholarship program to help students complete their studies. Scholarships are awarded to needy students, new immigrants, students with learning and other disabilities, gifted students and those who have served the State of Israel, such as active combat duty reservists of the Israel Defense Forces.
By establishing a bachelor’s degree Dedicated Scholarship, a Masters of Achievement Scholarship, or a Doctoral Scholarship to assist the best and brightest at the graduate level, you will provide deserving students with general financial aid for books and living expenses, as well as cover tuition expenses for one year.
BA, NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
No student should be turned away due to financial barriers.
- Students must prove financial hardships and be approved by the scholarship committee.
- BIU was able to meet 66% of the requests this past year.
$3,000 per student per year covers full tuition.
BA, MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS, “ILANOT”
This is the only BA scholarship that is merit-based.
- Only the highest achievers (based on high school grades/SAT and psychometric tests) can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is tuition and living stipend.
$12,000 per student per year.
MASTER’S DEGREES SCHOLARSHIPS, MERIT-BASED
HAREDI INCENTIVE SCHOLARSHIPS
- An incentive to bring the Haredi population into the productive workforce by providing separate courses: Women – Psychology, Men – Economics and accounting. More classes are being planned.
- Most students are older and have familial responsibilities and are in very dire financial straits.
$5,000 per student for living expenses.
(This is over and above tuition fees which are subsidized for them by the Israeli government)
COMBAT SOLDIERS SCHOLARSHIPS
- BA Students who have served in combat positions in the army.
- The scholarship is tuition + stipend.
- BIU supplement tuition scholarship given by the government with $2,000 for a living stipend
$5,000 scholarship for tuition and living stipend.
MASTER’S DEGREE COMBAT SOLDIERS
PRESIDENTIAL FELLOWS OF EXCELLENCE, MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
- Students receive free tuition + a monthly living stipend.
- More than 40 Presidential Fellows have joined the BIU faculty.
- 40% of our current cadre (each cadre averages 550 students) of Presidential Fellows have come from other Universities.
$20,000 per year per student.
(4-year program to complete degree)
POST-DOCTORAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT FOR WOMEN SCHOLARSHIPS
- The incentive is to encourage more women to go abroad for their postdocs.
- Upon return, the woman commits to join the faculty of BIU.
$25,000 one-time award to supplement the salary offered by the postdoc university.
MEDICAL SCHOOL 3- AND 4-YEAR PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIPS
- The goal is to provide tuition and housing scholarships (incentive to move to the Galilee for medical school and eventually settle in this region).
$6,500 per student per year.
- Three-Year MD Track: Israelis who have successfully completed 3 years of pre-clinical studies at a recognized medical school outside of Israel.
$19,500 for the 3-year student.
- Four-Year MD Track: This track is designed for students who have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree at an Israeli college or university.
$26,000 for the 4-year student.
Galilee Fellowship for Graduate Students of the Medical Sciences.
- MSc and Ph.D. students at the Azrieli Faculty of Medicine
- The incentive to come to the Galilee and pursue their research
- Scholarships cover housing, tuition and living stipends
- There are currently 125 graduate research students.
MSc: $18,000 per year per student.
Ph.D.: $25,000 per year per student.